Thursday, April 24, 2014

BFW Lifestyle Night

Fashion week is absolutely insane. Like, I was running around and didn't have time for proper outfit selfies insane (#BloggerProbs). I was beelining to the shows straight from work, so I had to wear something easy that could be switched up with the addition of a few accessories. That's where my maxi dress came in. During the day, I wore it with a jacket. At night, I switched it out for a knotted chambray shirt, a fun necklace, and an olive smokey eye. I wanted to go for something casual and cute.




{Outfit Details: Maxi, chambray shirt, and sandals- Target// Necklace- Ann Taylor// Bag- Vintage}


Yesterday was Lifestyle Night at Birmingham Fashion Week, so it called for a more laid-back outfit than the usual heels and dress uniform. I loved the Pure Barre and Lululemon shows because they showcased strong, lean bodies. Total fitspiration-- and guilt for eating gelato--  at its finest. 

I thought it was really cool how the shows quite literally played on people's strengths and showed that the clothes were just as functional as they were fabulous. Models danced and performed push ups, yoga inversions, and lifts (as evidenced below). It was entertaining, and I'm definitely inspired to step up my gym outfits (and maybe take a barre class or two).






The fashion was great, but my favorite element from the shows was definitely the hair. The braids lent a badass warrior vibe to the outfits. You knew that these ladies weren't going to the gym to walk around and text their friends. They were going to sweat. And you've gotta love that. Here and here are some awesome tutorials to achieve the braided hairstyles that will take you from a sweaty gym sesh to cocktail hour. 

Runway photos courtesy of Birmingham Fashion Week and icanmakeyoublush.




No comments:

Post a Comment