Wednesday, November 26, 2014

What I'm Thankful for This Year

This Thanksgiving is a little bit different because I won't be going home to Florida. Starting a new job this year I just didn't have the vacation days to swing it (wahh!). But, alas, my boyfriend was nice enough to invite me to his family's farm in Brewton, Alabama. Apparently this place is pretty secluded (read: little to no cell service), but I think it will be nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life in the city for a weekend. Besides a place to spend the holiday, here's what I'm thankful for this year...

I'm thankful for my family
Because even from a thousand miles away, I can still feel their unwavering love and support every day. I don't know where I'd be without you two. 

I'm thankful for this guy
You've stood by my side for a year and a half of I love you's, I hate you's, and everything in-between. You make me laugh every single day and you make a mean breakfast sandwich. I think I'll keep you around, babe.

I'm thankful for my adventurous spirit
Because without it, I would never go 100 feet underwater, 18,000 feet in the sky, or pursue my dreams here on earth. 

I'm thankful for my friends
You're my second family that keeps me sane while simultaneously encouraging my shenanigans and general debauchery. For the different and amazing things you all bring to my life -- I love you.

I'm thankful for my fur baby
Grits Carlton -- you have more personality in your little tail than most people do in their entire body. Thank you for always running to the door when I get home, waking me up with kisses, and encouraging me to walk that extra mile (literally). Also, thank you for posing for pictures that you obviously hate and not killing me in my sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment