Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bringing Sexy Back

So I've recently been exploring the possibility of redecorating my apartment; the only problem is that I'm a poor college student. What can I say, I have champagne taste on a beer budget. My parents don't understand my dire need for Jonathan Adler to personally come decorate my apartment (hey, it's a valid dream), so I'm taking matters into my own hands. 

My apartment is mainly black and white with pops of color. I love the overall theme, but I'm looking to make it cozier, and "sexier". Don't worry, I won't be installing sex swings anytime soon, just a couple of touches to help me bring sexy back. Here's the plan:

 
A furry throw. So chic, and as a south Floridian currently residing in frigid Alabama, I need something to warm me up at night. Furry blanket > boyfriend.

I love the look of these hurricane glass votives with the sand in the bottom. 
They're so elegant and are perfect for my small space. 

Did you know that people with fresh flowers in their home on average live 10 years longer than those who don't? Ok, so maybe I made that up, but I love the way flowers look and smell. It reminds me of a great date, weddings, nature, and all things beautiful. I'm going to treat myself to fresh flowers once in awhile, especially white hydrangeas. They're too special not to have around the apartment.
I love this headboard. However, I already have a headboard, so I was thinking of hanging something like this on my bedroom wall. I love the rustic wood and the bright yellow paint together. 

I'll update with before and after pictures of the apartment. Let's see if I can bring sexy back. ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment