Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I'm a Mouse, Duh.

"In the real world, Halloween is when kids dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one day a year when a girl can dress up like a total slut and no other girls can say anything else about it."
-Mean Girls

While this statement is oh-so true (guilty as charged), I'm ignoring it this year. It's my senior year of college, my last Halloween "hurrah" if you will...and I'm not going to dress sexy. Well, not in the traditional "thigh-highs and corset" way. This time, it's all about being Man Repeller sexy, i.e what is sexy to me rather than to men. What am I going to be, you ask? Well, you'll just have to wait and see. Hint: I will be doing crazy costume makeup and shoving some twigs in my hair. 

If you're still stumped on what to wear and don't want to put twigs in your hair, here are three super-cute and super-chic costume ideas:



Rosie the Riveter. I mean, she's literally the American poster child for girl-power. What's not to love? Plus, you get a free pass to flex your guns all night! 

A Lichtenstein girl. I'm obsessed with this, but sadly, I don't think I would have the patience to cover myself in red dots. If you do, however, the effect is stunning. Be sure to say phrases like "POW!" and "WHAM!" at random. 
This is a really easy, cute, and creative group costume...SUSHI! Strap a pillow to your back and roll (see what I did there?). 


No comments:

Post a Comment