Saturday, August 16, 2014

Minty Sun Tea


When I replanted my herbs into this huge trough, my mint took on a life of its own (see photographic evidence above). As an attempt to trim some of it back, I decided to make sun tea. Years ago, my grandmother teaching me how to make sun tea -- and it has reminded me of summertime ever since. There's little prep work involved, but somehow the process seems a bit more special than ordinary, pre-made iced tea. Also, the combo I chose today (green tea + loads of mint) was super refreshing after a long day in the sun. 
Instructions:


1. Fill a large, sealable container with water, 4-5 tea bags of your choice (black and green teas work best), and a handful of mint leaves.
2. Let  it sit in direct sunlight for 6-8 hours.
3. Top with ice and garnishes of your choice. Enjoy!

Note: You may want to sweeten the tea with agave or simple syrup


This brew is perfect for front porch sippin'

No comments:

Post a Comment