Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Lover.ly x Jaime


Let's be real -- every girl has thought about their wedding at some point. When lover.ly reached out to me to design my dream wedding using some of their items, I jumped at the chance. Even though I'm not planning on getting married anytime soon, I absolutely adore weddings. And if it was my big day, I'd opt for a romantic beach affair in my favorite place -- Key West, Florida.

Being from Florida, I loathe cliché beach weddings. They're a dime a dozen, and you won't be seeing any dried starfish or tacky 99 cent leis from this chick. I'm all about the relaxed, romantic and fun vibe that Key West puts out.

Wedding

Temperley London "Laelia" wedding gown // Earrings // Ring // Clutch // Sandals // Dessy bridesmaid dress in "Oyster" // Statement necklace // Sandals // Reiss Como Suit (similar)
You can find most of these items on lover.ly


I kept the outfits pretty classic. I opted for a formal, but relaxed wedding gown with gorgeous floral detailing. To keep the look beach-friendly, I decided on a fun clutch and dressy sandals -- because who wants their heels digging in the sand when they walk down the aisle? No thanks. Although I kept the bridal party's outfits a pale gray, the bridesmaid's statement necklaces and the groomsmen's ties capitalize on the gorgeous, blue color of the ocean in the backdrop. This color combination reminds me of a walk on the beach first thing in the morning. I love, love, love it.

Now, enough of the mushy romance. On to the fun part -- the reception! Key West is all about having a good time, so guests would be greeted by our signature drink -- a mojito -- and a Cuban cigar. I'm not a big fan of cake and/or frosting (I know, I'm weird), so I'd definitely serve a key lime pie "cake" to go with the theme. When the guests get tired and want to kick off their dancing shoes, they can take a siesta in the hammocks and floor pillows that would be situated on the beach for them. 

reception


I mean, who wouldn't want to go to this wedding?





No comments:

Post a Comment