Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ch-Ch-Changes



With the holidays right around the corner, I've been trying to budget and plan for gift-giving and party-throwing. Whew. Just writing that sentence got me a little frazzled.

I have a bachelorette party, a wedding, Thanksgiving, a cookie exchange party, and plenty of social events penciled in...all before Christmas. Keeping that looming madness in mind, I've been making a concerted effort over the past few days to reflect on this year.

I think that in our mid-20's, we get to a point where we wonder: what's next? Is this what I'm supposed to be doing? I know that I've doubted (on several occasions) whether I'm lining up my stones to take me down the "right" path (side note: what does "right" even mean anymore?)

Here's the beauty of it all, though: as humans, we have a way of landing on our feet no matter where life takes us. I've proved that to myself many, many times during my short 23 years of life.

This year in particular, I've learned so much about myself -- and I really think that has translated through my blog. While I used to associate myself with being a "fashion blogger", I learned that I'm definitely not. Even though I still appreciate a great outfit (and if you asked my boyfriend, he will tell you that I definitely have a shopping addiction), I realize that I enjoy blogging more about food and entertaining (and okay, looking damn cute doing it).

I can still tell you which designers make what, what's on-trend, and what the Pantone color of the year is...but, to me, it's purely voyeuristic. I can appreciate gorgeous garments, but I don't necessarily need to have them.

And if you gave me 30 minutes before work to put on my Sunday best or whip up an omelette, which do you think I'd choose? Hint: it's the latter.

So what does this odyssey have to do with On Miami Time?

First off, don't feel like you have to check off boxes. You can be a foodie and fashion blogger, or a mom and career woman, or a circus clown and a chef. Whatever. You don't only have to commit to one. Because you're you. And I'm me. And that's great in and of itself (cue guitar circle & Kumbaya sing-a-long).

And for the blog? Expect some changes. Yes, I will still feature some fashion and beauty looks. But I'm really hoping to diversify my content to reflect my current frame of mind. I'm really excited for the changes to come, because if life has taught me anything it's that change is always an opportunity for growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment