I love hosting girls' nights in. I'm lucky to have friends with (mostly) adventurous palates, so I decided to make chicken tikka masala over the weekend. I adapted it from this recipe, but changed out a few things to put my own spin on it. This is a great dish for making ahead and sharing with friends. And the toppings make it easy to customize for spice-phobes (hello, Greek yogurt).
Thanks for being my guinea pig, Holly!
Crock Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
Serves 4 to 6
- Saute onions, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, garam masala, salt and cayenne pepper until translucent and fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, chicken pieces and butter along with onion and spice mixture to your crockpot.
- Simmer on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours (I prefer low and slow, I find it makes the chicken more tender -- but it turns out great either way).
- Add in the coconut milk 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Serve over rice with basil and yogurt -- and enjoy! (the yogurt reduces some of the spicy kick).