Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pantone's 2015 Color of the Year

If you're a fashion or design darling like me, you count down the days for the unveiling of Pantone's color of the year. And I have to say, this is the second year I've been disappointed with their choice (Read more about last year's radiant orchid catastrophe here). I mean, seriously, Pantone, you have every single color swatch at your disposal...and you choose...marsala. Ugh. Woof. No.

The fact that it's named after a pasta sauce should be inclination enough that it's terrible. This color looks like dried bodily fluid or a soccer mom's 1990's lipstick. Actually, I'm pretty sure we had a couch in this color when I was four (circa 1995). Essentially, this color is oxblood's ugly stepsister. Pantone, I can't even with you right now. But I will not shame the color bible -- so I have come up with some cute ways to wear marsala (other than on a shirt at an Italian restaurant). Behold...


Marsala

No comments:

Post a Comment