Friday, June 22, 2012

Beat the Heat Beauty

During the summer, I live in south Florida where it ranges from 100-100,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Okay, so despite the slight exaggeration, it does get seriously hot, and I found myself in need of a new beauty routine. So, I tackled Sephora [Read: Heaven on Earth]. These products have made their way into my heart and onto my face and will be permanent fixtures in my summer rotation.

Going from left to right and top to bottom: Too Faced cocoa bronzer, Guerlain summer line cream blush in coral, YSL Shocking mascara in black, Dior lash primer, Stila lip and cheek stain in passion fruit, and Hello Kitty cream eyeshadow sticks in Friendship and Cupcake. These can all be found and purchased here.

Here's the finished product (pardon the Myspace-esque car pics)
I'm not wearing foundation, but you could start off with some if you want. Next, apply Birthday Cake, a shimmery beige shade, all over your lid and into the inner corners of your eyes. Blend. Then, take Friendship, a slightly darker taupe, and bring it into the outer third of your eye and onto your lash line. Next, apply your lash primer and mascara. (Side note: I'm in no way endorsed by Dior or YSL, but I should be, because they have made a HUGE fan out of me. My wimpy lashes look awesome with this killer combo. They are a must-try for any beauty junkie). But, I digress. Finish off the look by putting the coraly-pink stain on your lips and cheeks and dusting the matte bronzer into the hollows of your cheekbones, the side of your nose, and around the perimeter of the face. Viola! 
Now you look hot, but in a good way. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment