Friday, January 3, 2014

A Grateful Heart


Happy New Year! I hope that you all enjoyed time surrounded by your family and friends. In a previous post, I talked about my New Year's Resolutions or "bucket list" for 2014. I'm so proud of myself for taking charge and making my goals a priority -- my best friend and I have already started planning our trip to New Orleans in the spring and I've been reluctantly consciously working to eat better and get my butt to the gym. The end of a year (and the genesis of a new one) always make me feel equal parts nostalgic and appreciative. Here are some things -- and people-- that I'm glad to have ended the year with.


{Final carbs and Cuban coffee. So worth it}


{This little nugget}


{A sparkly surprise from my sweet boyfriend}


{The Cheese Course, or more appropriately, HOLYYUM} 


{Mom and Dad know how to spoil me}


{Ringing in the New Year with my LBD and besties}


I'm so grateful for everyone and everything pictured and not pictured. I have been truly blessed with an amazing support group and I'm excited to see what this year brings for all of us. I learned some really important life lessons in 2013 and I hope to remember them through not only this year, but the rest of my life.

1. People don't stay in your life forever, so appreciate them now. Some good friends of mine lost their parents this year. I can't imagine dealing with that kind of grief and loss. Their biggest woe? They wish they would have appreciated the time they had with them more. Don't wait for that day to come. Do it now. Call them, tell them you love them, give them a big hug for no reason.

2. Love is hard, but it's so worth it. You're going to fight, say unreasonable things, and be mean to each other for no reason at all. It's about finding the person who will be your friend and love you through it all. Love isn't about passionate kisses in the rain, it's about accepting and loving the person for their qualities -- both good and bad. 

3. You catch more bees with honey. I've never been good at this one. If I'm mad, sad, or thrilled, you're going to know it. I wear my emotions on my sleeve, but that's not always a good thing. Sometimes, you have to put your own crap behind you to deal with someone else's. It's amazing where a positive attitude and a smile can get you.

Here's to learning more life lessons this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment