Monday, January 20, 2014

Healthy Portobello Pizza

My boyfriend is a thin guy by nature. You know the ones who are blessed with a metabolism that could outrun a cheetah? Yeah, he's one of those (Insert passive-aggressive comment here). Recently, he's making an effort to "bulk up", which has been a challenge for us, because frankly, I'm trying to do the opposite.

Needless to say, pizza is one of his staple meals. I can't express to you how hard it is to look at my plate of steamed veggies and salmon when the smell of pepperoni deliciousness wafts my way. The other night he was having pizza, so I improvised and made my own. Yes, you can have your pizza and eat it too. Except your "pizza" is lean, green and carb-free. Score!


Healthy Portobello Pizza Recipe:

Ingredients:
(wash everything first)
-1 large portobello
-diced red, green and yellow pepper
-a handful of kale
-olive oil
-sea salt and pepper
-1 clove of garlic
-1/4 c parmesan
(You could easily add some pre-cooked chicken for protein)

Directions:
-remove stem and scrape out cap of mushroom (note: the insides are perfectly harmless, but something about the gills freaks me out)
-place kale inside of mushroom cap
-sprinkle chopped peppers and garlic
-drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper

Bake at 400F for 10-12 minutes

Sprinkle top with parmesan and continue baking for another 5 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment