Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tone it Up Thursday

Lately, I've been trying to "eat clean" as much as I can, but that doesn't mean that my cravings don't still kick in. Today's {ridiculously random} craving was for the french fries and olive tapenade from Nordstrom cafÄ—.


Seriously, how good does that look? But alas, if I want to have the body of a Jennifer hybrid (Lawrence/Lopez), I need not be eating french fries. So, I decided to make a "lean, clean and green" version with kale chips and creamy olive tapenade. It totally satisfied my craving without compromising my waistline.


Tapenade Recipe (this makes ~10 servings):

Pulse together in blender:
-1/4 c olive oil
-20 kalamata olives (pits removed)
-1 lemon
-2 cloves garlic
-feta cheese crumbles (optional)
-1 small container of plan, low-fat greek yogurt

Kale chips:
1. Wash and pat dry a bunch of kale
2. Spread on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil
3. sprinkle a pinch of sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne
4. Roast at 400 F for 10-15 mins or until edges begin to brown

No comments:

Post a Comment