Monday, January 27, 2014

The Best Beauty Looks from the Grammys

As previously mentioned, I'm so sketchy when it comes to watching awards shows. I always seem to forget what time they're on, but I'm obsessed with the beauty and fashion looks. It's my albatross.

Luckily, Twitter keeps me posted with minute-to-minute updates on who is wearing what. After a good chunk of time spent sifting through various social media, I've narrowed down my favorite Grammy beauty looks (and how to achieve them!). 


Chrissy Teigen is equal parts sexy and sophisticated with her slicked-back hairstyle and daring cutouts. Here is an awesome tutorial on how to achieve that fake-shave hairstyle a la Chrissy.


Colbie Caillat is that girl who always manages to look effortlessly cool, like she just rolled out of bed that way. Here is a video showing you how to get her braided bun look.


I love how Julianne Hough let her natural beauty show through with a swipe of black mascara, filled-in eyebrows, glowing skin, and bright red lips. Here's how to get her glowing skin. 


Rita Ora slayed the red carpet in her metallic dress, purple smoky eye, and Marilyn-esque waves. I love how her colorful (yet understated) makeup brought out the jewel tones in her dress. Here's how to nail the purple smoky eye without looking like a street walker.


Lastly, on my naughty list...

Madonna...


Reasons why:

1. She is wearing a grill and she's not Nelly. 
2. If she's gonna wear that Colonel Sanders outfit, at least do everyone a decency and bring a KFC bucket.
3. She looks like Reverend Kane from Poltergeist. #NONONONONO


No comments:

Post a Comment