Monday, March 10, 2014

What's in My Desk?

As some of you may know, I started a new job this week. It's been really exciting and challenging to get used to. First off, I've never worked in an ad agency before. It's like Mad Men, but with much less drinking and risqué business. Although, I wouldn't doubt that the lawnmower scene could happen here.

My biggest hurdle so far has been growing used to working in an office setting. For the past ten months, I've worked out of my home, so wearing something other than pajamas and having to be social before my morning coffee has been a learning curve. I'm really enjoying the experience so far, and I can't wait to see where I go with it.

In the meantime, to get used to being away from home, I've made my standard desk a little more personal. Come on guys, you didn't think I'd just add some paper clips in a jar and be done, did you?


A pretty mug I got in New Orleans corrals my thousands of pens. My abalone shell holds some green stones to zen me out. My cute little print gets me going on Monday mornings.


Moleskine planners are an absolute necessity in an ad agency where scheduling impromptu meetings is the norm. 


A white orchid is symbolic of success to me. All of my favorite writers and publishers that I've worked with or look up to have one on their desk. I know it sounds crazy, but I had to have one. 


I've stocked my desk with cute little post-its, tabs and Martha Stewart labels for easy organization. Gum, mints, and Emergen-C packs keep me refreshed throughout the day, while my endless supply of lip balms keep me feeling pretty.

I'm seriously obsessed with the ADORAtherapy mood boost spray. The one I have is called "Smart".  It has happy citrus notes that are perfect for spritzing on for an afternoon pick-me-up. It energizes me and fills me with creative thoughts (both are also musts in an ad agency).

What's in your desk?

No comments:

Post a Comment