Friday, June 27, 2014

Peaches & Cream

I walked into the grocery store last night with the full intent of only buying meat for dinner. But that plan was foiled as soon as I walked past the produce section and smelled the aroma of peaches. I don't know what it was about that intoxicating and sticky-sweet smell, but I had to turn around and buy a few. Since we were already planning on grilling out, I decided to throw the peaches on for (an experimental) dessert.

The result? Amazing. The peaches soften just enough for the grill to bring out their delicate, syrupy flavor. 


Caleb wanted his peaches sans fixings, but I couldn't resist a little drizzle of agave for decoration.


I dressed mine up with agave, cinnamon and scoop of coconut gelato.


Recipe:
  • 2 medium, ripe peaches (I used Chilton County peaches)
  • 4 Tbsp. melted butter
  • Cinnamon
  • Agave syrup
  • Coconut gelato
Directions:
  • Half the peaches and remove the pits. Scoop out any remaining fibers
  • Brush each peach with 2 Tbsp. of the melted butter on both sides
  • Place pit-side down on medium-high grill for 2-3 minutes. Flip over and grill for another 2-3 minutes
  • Top with a drizzle of agave, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a scoop of your favorite ice cream (I used coconut gelato and it was delicious)


No comments:

Post a Comment