Thursday, January 15, 2015

Grilled Cheese + Fried Egg

Some days, you crave a salad (I've never had one of these days, but I hear that they do, in fact, exist).
While other days, you crave a three-cheese monstrosity with a baby chicken on top.
...Today fell in the latter camp

Mozzarella, colby jack and cheddar cheeses with a fried egg on top.

Top it with a drizzle of hot sauce and you don't need salad dressing. I created a .gif so you can admire the full glory of the fried egg being cut. I really wish I could add background audio of angels singing so you could get the full effect. 


This is probably the easiest recipe I'll ever post, but here goes:
  1. Make a grilled cheese with the cheese(s) of your choice. I used mozzarella, cheddar and colby jack (also known as the holy trinity)
  2. Fry an egg 
  3. Place a bed of spinach on your plate and top with grilled cheese
  4. Finish your sandwich with the fried egg, a sprinkle of paprika and hot sauce (if desired)
  5. Try not to shove the entire thing in your mouth. I dare you.

1 comment: