Monday, May 7, 2012

Urban Nomad


Have you ever just tried to get lost in a place you know? Recently I've been a tourist in my own city of Birmingham, Alabama. I've found some pretty cool spots along the way...
My friend Kaylin (top left) and me (top right) at Books, Beans and Candles. I wouldn't recommend it for the faint of heart. It's a metaphysical coffee shop, but if you can get past the tarot cards and the eery vibe, the tea and coffee are divine. Oh, and the view isn't too bad either. 

Sojourns is one of my favorite boutiques downtown. Located on 3rd Ave N. and 20th St. S, this fair trade shop has everything from shea butter to apple butter. It's for a great cause and it's the only place in Birmingham I'll buy a chocolate bar*. 
*I highly recommend the mint dark chocolate or salted caramel




No comments:

Post a Comment