Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Copa de las Americas

I've played golf for as long as I can remember. I've been lucky enough to travel outside of the US, play with some of the best players in the country and make amazing friends along the way. However, I am not good enough to play in Copa de las Americas. This USGA-run tournament is a stroke play event where four players (2 men and 2 women) are selected, respectively, from Canada, North and South America and the Caribbean. Although I wasn't selected, I thankfully had my "in" to sit at the cool kids table because of Les Brown, my favorite USGA referee. Note: He will be so embarrassed from this little shoutout. I was his date for the night, and soaked up all of the amazing food and company that Doral Country Club & Resort had to offer.
A gorgeous view from the terrace.
The menu for the night. 
Mushroom strudel in a delicious tomato broth.
Wedge salad with tomatoes, bleu cheese, and balsamic drizzle.  
Prime beef tenderloin with what I like to call "potatoes three ways": Pureed potatoes in a potato cup with a potato crisp on top. 
The highlight of the night? I got to meet Donald Trump...and to answer the question you're all thinking-His hair is better than it looks on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment