Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Butter Me Up

"Is there anything better than butter? Think it over, any time you taste something that's delicious beyond imagining and you say 'what's in this?' the answer is always going to be butter. The day there is a meteorite rushing toward Earth and we have thirty days to live, I am going to spend it eating butter. Here is my final word on the subject, you can never have too much butter."
-Julie Powell, Julie & Julia

I couldn't help but think how right Julie is...butter can NEVER be bad. However, butter CAN be better. I'm going to show you two super-easy ways to spice up your butter (literally), so keep reading...


I've experimented with making all types of butters, but my two all-time favorites are my basil and honey butters. Wait until you hear how easy they are to make.

Basil Butter:
1 stick of butter that's room temperature
5-10 basil leaves (I like mine really basily, so I'll add up to 10)
A pinch of salt and pepper
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 tsp olive oil 
*Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and serve on bread, pasta, on top of steaks (Like I did in my picture), on rice, potatoes, whatever. This is a really versatile butter, it's great on everything!

Honey Butter:
1 stick of butter
A pinch of cinnamon
A baby pinch of salt (yes, I just said baby pinch)
2 tbsp honey
*Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor. This butter is amazing on pancakes, french toast, sweet potatoes (Like I show in my picture), it's even great in oatmeal. Get creative with this one, it's sweet and delicious.

I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I do! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment