Thursday, February 13, 2014

DIY Coffee Scrub

Admittedly, I'll try any natural beauty product once. I've experimented with jello mix, honey, mashed bananas, mayonnaise, beer, avocados, you name it. Some things have grossed me out (mayo...*gag*), but others have earned permanent fixture in my beauty repertoire. Plus, why drop money on products that you probably already have in your pantry?

This is one of my all time favorite scrubs, ever. Any kind of coffee grounds work, but I take the used ones out of my K-Cups. Why coffee you ask? In short, coffee wakes up your skin just like it does you in the morning. Caffeine, when used topically, can temporarily reduce cellulite, improve blood flow, and make your skin absolutely flawless and glowy. This may be totally made up in my head, but I also feel like I look tanner when I use it. 


To make:

I brew a cup of coffee using my K-cup and take the leftover pod out*

Then, empty the grounds into a bowl (I usually use ~3 pods)

If you're using regular grounds, just eye it. 1/4 c should be plenty

Stir in 2 tbsp of olive or coconut oil

Bring it into the shower, scrub all over, wash off & enjoy!

Notes:
You will look like you just rose out of a grave. Coffee tends to look like dirt, but if you're mindful about washing it all off, you'll be fine.

Your shower will most look like something out of a Halloween movie. Again, water solves this problem. I promise, it's so worth it.

*If you're saving K-cups that have been brewed, don't let them sit out for more than a day or two, the moisture can breed mold and you definitely don't want that on your skin. 




No comments:

Post a Comment