Thursday, June 19, 2014

Puppy Love

About a week ago, I posted about possibly getting a puppy. Well, I took the plunge and did it. Everyone tried to warn me about how much work puppies are, but their comments fell on deaf ears. My, my, how naive I was just one short week ago (sigh). This little guy has been so much work in the short time that I've had him and I've had a few mental breakdowns. Especially when he won't stop howling at night and when his puppy bites hurt a little too much. But all good things take time.

I'd like you to meet Grits Carlton, the sassiest, classiest, most Southern pup in the world. 


He really likes to go on field trips in the car…


In fact, they knock him out, which this tired mama is totally okay with...


He always has to have his babies near him...


He can't sleep without them...


Like, ever...


Sometimes he'll sprawl out and do doga (dog yoga) when he's sleepy...


And he never leaves my feet. I've accidentally stepped on him a few times…oops! 


I'm sleep deprived, haven't plucked my eyebrows, and I've done more research than Google can handle. I'm pretty sure I've watched every episode of the Dog Whisperer. It's honestly like having a new baby. Contrary to the photographic evidence above, Grits never settles down. EVER. And for a little guy, his bark is seriously loud. We're working on it. 

On the flip side, he's so stinking smart. He's already mastered walking on a leash, sitting, and laying down. Overall, I'm a pretty proud fur mama. Plus, look at that face. Clearly he got his good looks from me. ;)

I'm so excited for him to be fully vaccinated so that we can meet new four-legged friends, go to dog parks, and head to the farmer's market downtown. If you see us walking around, stop and say hello! Grits loves to meet new people. 

Have you ever had a puppy? How did you get through this challenging, yet adorable, time?

No comments:

Post a Comment